Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 months?!?!

I know mom's say it all the time...but where has time gone?  My baby girl is 10 months!  That means in two months we will be celebrating her first birthday.  I just find it crazy!  She is working so hard on crawling right now but is getting no where.  She finally decided that she can roll.  She has been able to do it for a long time because she always rolls in her crib. She prefers to sleep on her belly even though I always put her on her back.  When we would wake her up, she is always on her tummy.  Silly thing.  But now she is rolling everywhere.  She can get up on all fours but can't stay long.  I honestly think she would prefer to walk because she loves to stand.  She can't stand on her own though yet.  If I put her next to something, she will hold on and stand forever.  She just can't decide what she wants to do! 

My grandma is still here.  They moved her to a hospice facility last Wednesday.  I visited her then for what I thought might be the last time but she is just hanging on.  I went and saw her on Saturday and we were so amazed!  When we got there, she greeted us because she was walking down the hallway.  Not a sight you see in a hospice facility!  She was living in a different time though.  She was talking about how she spent the previous night in a hotel and went roller skating all day until we got there.  It was so hard not to laugh but it was so nice to see her in a "good place."  It didn't last long because she has basically slept ever since.  It is almost like it was her last rally. 

My mom has been slowly trying to get things arranged so when it does happen, things will be easy.  I took on creating a movie of her life from pictures and music.  I almost have it done.  It has been hard because it brings tears to my eyes to see who she was long ago to the shell she is today.  It's mean to say, but that is basically what is left.  She used to be laughing, joking, loving, and fun.  Now she is just there.  Every once in awhile we get a glimpse of her and we cherish those moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment