Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Full of somedays...

#1  Someday I want to learn how to keep my house clean.  I get on cleaning spells and have the house spotless for a couple weeks.  Then I get lazy.  Of course no one else in the house is going to do anything about it (men - ;)  )  So everything just piles up for me until my house looks like a tornado ripped through it and I'm back to my huge job of cleaning.  Why can't I just do a little bit here and there so it never pile up on me?

#2  Someday I want to be organized.  Why is it that I am (somewhat) organized at school but can't be at home?  If you ask me where something is at school, chances are I will find it.  Ask me where something is at home...well...see #1.

#3 Someday I want a new house.  We are saving like crazy.  I purposely buy nothing new for this house because I have intentions of building that house. We need new furniture but I don't want to buy new furniture until I have my dream house.  My intentions would to be building our new house right now.  But Ryan has different intentions than me.  If we waited a couple more years, we could have our current house paid off and really save so we could have most of the money for the new house.  I can see the benefit of that.  But when you live in a house that has NO STORAGE...see #1.  Maybe that's my problem!  :)

#4 Someday I want to burst out of my shell.  I am so darn shy.  One minute I will think I am getting better and then I fall back into my habits of not saying anything.  Sometimes I feel people think I am mean or don't like them.  That's not it.  I'm just challenged.  If you get me started on a topic, I'll open up and talk.  Frustrating.  Just to make it clear...I don't hate anyone.  :)  This shy thing makes it extremely challenging for my job.  Parents want talkative teachers with them.  That's not me.  I try to talk to them but doesn't always work out the way I want it to.  They just need to know that I am VERY TALKATIVE with the kids.  I love the kids and that is why I became a teacher. 

#5 Someday I want my kids not to be lazy.  They only seem to be lazy the first 12 months of life.  After that, they grow out of it.  Bria is still NOT CRAWLING.  I know it will come, but jeez!  We are nearly 10 1/2 months and she doesn't consistently get up on all fours.  At least I got her through the stage of hating to do tummy time.  That was a real treat when she would scream bloody murder because I put her on her tummy.  She will roll all over the place and turn in circles but that's it.  It's coming....I know it it.  In a couple months I will look back and this and say, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?"

#6 Someday I want to loose weight.  I have changed my eating habits...for the most part.  There are somethings I will NOT give up.  I have been doing P90X for 2 months now.  I haven't dropped a SINGLE pound!  I have firmed up.  I will give them credit for that.  Ryan told me P90X isn't meant to loose weight but to gain more muscle mass. I can tell I am stronger.  But some of the work outs we have to do...I should be loosing some weight.  Honestly, I am now the same weight and size I was before I got pregnant with Evan.  So I shouldn't be complaining.  Why does society do this to women where they never feel good enough?  I know what's happening and I can't change my image of it!  URGH!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I dont think any parent who works every day can keep their house clean for long. You ARE shy! Gees! But, I am that way too. I can talk in a one on one meeting or online, but randomly seeing people, I'm not the best unless they talk first. Your smile shows that your not angry or don't like someone. So KEEP SMILING! P90X.. I can see the complete change it has done for you! I feel like an idiot because I stare when I see you. I keep thinking you just had a kid and I remember how you looked afterwards! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Be proud of yourself. I can't get the motivation to lose weight or tone up... I get depressed about how I look, so I eat, which makes my body worse... and the circle continues. It sucks when you dont see the numbers drop on weight, just know that people see the difference. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So everything just piles up for me until my house looks like a tornado ripped through it and I'm back to my huge job of cleaning. Why can't I just do a little bit here and there so it never pile up on me?"

    An immaculate house is the sign of a wasted life."

    Well, that's the excuse I use anyway. ;) I do know what you mean though.

    Anyway, I hope you do manage to build your dream house. That's what I'd love to do. Or if I couldn't build it, I'd want a house on its own little bit of land, like a lot of American and Canadian houses. But that's not what you'd call commonplace here (I live in England), you tend to get long strings of houses all stuck together.

    And just because that's the norm doesn't mean I have to like it and I don't. But I reckon semi-detached is the best I can hope for. Completely detached properties tend to have a really high house valuation on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me giggle because you compared your school level of organization to your home level of organization, which I do all the time.

    One of my students said, "Mrs. Smith, you are the cleaning-est teacher I have ever had." I asked him what "cleaning-est" meant and he said..."you are not really clean...or even that organized...but it seems like you are always in the act of cleaning."

    That pretty much sums up my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you say that, Panda, that is exactly what I do. I am always in the act at school so it appears I am clean and organized. But I have to do it almost daily!

    ReplyDelete