Monday, March 21, 2011

Just when you think things are getting better

I swear I started this blog to remember the small things with my kids.  However, for the meantime, my grandmother seems to have taken control of it.

Yesterday, I could have sworn we were heading in the right direction.  My grandma was more alert.  She was joking, the Renal Failure wasn't as bad.

Today, we were hit with the word you never want to hear.  Hospice.  I just can't believe we are there.  She has pneumonia.  They are not going to treat it but rather let it take it's course.  She also has a b12 deficiency.  They could give her a lot of shots to boost that up but she would have to be able to eat a balanced diet to keep it up and she can't and won't do that.  Her body is just shutting down.  The good thing is we don't have to move her.  She gets to go back to her apartment (which is already an assisted living facility) and they will do hospice care there.  So now it is just a matter of time.  My only hope is she is not in any pain when the time comes. 

Gran, I love you with all my heart.  I will always remember spending EVERY Saturday night with you.  I remember having you, troy, me, as well as a 30 lb dog all in the same bed.  And at the time, Troy and I thought that was the greatest thing on earth.  I will also remember getting to spend every day with you in the summer.  The only thing we would do was swim, lay out at the pool and eat watermelon.  We always had a contest to see who would be the tannest by the end of the summer.  Bad competition but yet a fond memory.  There are so many more, but those are some of the funnest.  Love you lots.

1 comment:

  1. We just went through this with my grandma too. HUGS! Thinking of you! < 3

    ReplyDelete