Sunday, March 20, 2011

An update...

Yesterday, we all went down to visit my grandma in the hospital.  She was not happy to be there.  With her Alzheimer's disease, she doesn't understand what's going on.  She knows my mom makes a lot of decisions.  Therefore, she blames my mom.  I think I was getting blamed by some association yesterday.  Simply because I'm my mother's daughter.  My grandma didn't seem to want to have much to do with me or my family.  Unwilling to talk or converse, I took it as a grain of salt knowing it's the disease and not really her. 

There is a positive update though.  The initial thought as of Friday was that she was in stage 4 Renal Failure.  Now they don't think it is to that stage yet.  She is in the early stages of it rather than the later.  So that is great news.  They are trying to get a hold of her eating since she eats nothing all day.  So she is the hospital until she is eating a healthier diet.  But some not so great news is now she is battling pneumonia.  Not what an weak, older woman needs to deal with.  So I will just continue to hope and pray that she gets better.  Although I wish she didn't have it, I will take early stages of Renal failure over stage 4.  We still don't know when she will be released from the hospital but we are hopeful that it will be later this week!

On to Miss Bria.  I am amazing how strong she is getting.  Just in the last day or so, now she is getting up on all fours and will rock.  I think we are still weeks away from crawling but it is a step in the right direction since she wasn't doing ANYTHING for the longest time! 

Evan cracks me up.  We have been doing P90X lately.  Because Ryan does it with his shirt off, Evan thinks it has to be off whenever we do it.  He even tries to get me to take mine off...but that isn't happening.  :)  He gets so excited when we are doing it.  He's crazy to like working out!  The joys of being 3 1/2. 

I hope to continue to have good news as the week progresses!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere...love reading about Evan and Bria :) Sorry to hear about your grandma...and you are very strong to realize that its the disease, not the person.

    Looking forward to all the future updates :)

    ReplyDelete