Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seriously???

MY DAUGHTER WILL BE ONE TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!  I cannot believe it.  It's like she's not a baby anymore! She is such an amazing little girl!  I cannot imagine my life without her!  We have been working hard on starting/finishing some house projects.  It always seems that we try to get one more project started and finished before a big birthday party.  With Bria's birthday being in the spring and the crappy weather we have had, that has made it a little more challenging.  Luckily, we didn't take on too much so we don't have unfinished work.  We decided to put up lattice work under our deck.  It used to be open and you would not believe the junk that accumulated under your deck.  By putting up lattice, we now won't have stuff accumulate nor will we see the mess. We already have up the lattice work and it looks SO much nicer already.  We are going to put a smaller scaled flower bed in front on both sides of the deck.  Of course that will be my job.  With it being this late, I don't know how much will actually get done this year, but hopefully we will at least have the landscaping part done.  I am so excited for her party.  I am getting a cake make by Jennifer Pelfrey.  She works at my school but makes AMAZINGLY CUTE cakes on the side.  I have never tasted her cakes, but from everything I have seen they are so cute!  I'm not really having one theme to Bria's party.  It's more like a spring theme.  Lots of pinks, purples, greens and flowers.  I got some cute plates and will get the balloons to match.  I know it will be perfect!

Bria is STILL NOT CRAWLING.  It drives me crazy.  She is a pretty content little girl but doesn't like to be alone.  This means I don't get much done.  I will admit, since she can army crawl, she is much happier because she can explore a little bit.  I keep thinking any day now because she will get up on all fours and start to move her arms.  I swear my heart drops every time she does that because I keep thinking this is the time!  It's going to happen.  Then she drops to her belly and continues to army crawl.  The good news is she is getting up an all fours more and more frequently.  So maybe any day now?  I know Evan started crawling a little late.  He was about 10 months.  Bria has taken late to a whole new level!  :)

Evan is such a fun and loving little boy.  He is always on the go!  I swear this kid is a genius!  Since he was two years old, he has been able to name his letters, shapes, colors, numbers, count to 20 (we tend to skip 13 or 14 though).  This summer, I'm hoping to teach him his letter sounds.  I know that seems awfully advanced for a 3 year old, but I'm not kidding, he is already so interested in it.  He is constantly asking what does this start with?  He learns so fast so I'm sure after a couple of weeks of working on it he will have it down.  That's about how long it took him to learn his letters!

I am so excited.  We only have 5 more days of school.  I will then have two more work days.  So 12 days from now it will officially be SUMMER!  I can't wait to spend time with my kids.  It will be so much fun to be around them and do things with them all the time!  Especially getting outside!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment